Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Podcast Potentials!

Searching for podcasts was interesting; it definitely shows you how much information is out there -- information OVERLOAD! I found a lot for technology, but not as many as I would have liked that are school library/ middle school library specific. I am sure, with a little more searching, I will be able to find something that is exactly what I am looking for!

Here are some interesting podcasts I found:

Coming of Age Podcast
http://comingofage.podomatic.com/rss2.xml

This is the podcast version of what we read, discussed, and blogged at the beginning of the year. This might be a great tool for us to share with our colleagues to help them understand Web 2.0 and 21st century skills.

The Tech Teachers Podcast
http://feeds.feedburner.com/thetechteachers

This podcast is done by two educators to talk about new "tech" things, with more of an emphasis on technology resources other in which educators might be interested. This particular podcast focused on the iPhone, Aperture, Picasa, and new features of Google Maps. Unlike the other podcasts I listened to, this one was not something that had already been written; this podcast was two people discussing their thoughts and opinions. It was very easy to listen to.

School Library Journal Podcast
http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheSljPodcast

I listened to one of their "Site of the Month" podcasts, this time about Photojojo. This is a site where you can subscribe to a twice-weekly email about new and interesting things to do with your digital features. You can also access archives of previous emails. Two interesting sites I found in the archives were Flickrvision (a combination of Google Earth and Flickr) and Blabberize (a site where you can make a digital photo talk!).

No comments: