Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Ta-Da List

Resource #1: Ta-Da List

Ta-Da List is an organizational tool that allows you to record information in list format. You then have a variety of options; you can check items off on your list, share your list with others, and be notified of changes to a list through an RSS feed. Although many of the uses would be professional in nature (to-do lists, resource lists, etc.), you could also use this resource with students. I am currently using Ta-Da List to keep track of what I am reading and will keep a link to my lists on my blog (see the sidebar); this way students can see what I am reading and ask me questions or share their opinions. It also shows them that I am reading, and modeling this reading is an important component of creating lifelong learners and readers. You could have students use Ta-Da Lists for the same purpose (recording what they have read) or for other purposes like brainstorming or listing sources. This is a 21st century way for students to meet the Wisconsin Media and Technology standard B.8.5 (Record and Organize Information).

No comments: